What We Do
GRM is a transformation and equipping ministry, where Biblical counseling and coaching converge with the life-transforming power of the Holy Spirit, creating a dynamic that can completely redirect the course of an individual’s life. All our ministry stems from our "reality based" theology.
Someone once said to us “you guys are breakthrough specialists.” Empowering breakthroughs that bring lasting change and serving as a catalyst for discovering purpose are our main focus.
Spiritual breakthroughs lead to:
- enhanced relationships,
- reaching ones God-given potenial,
- meeting real-life needs,
- thriving in community.
Here's an example of how transformation ministry is fundamentally different than the traditional counseling approach:
- if someone is struggling with anxiety the typical approach is to investigate environmental influences that trigger the nervousness
- then the goal is to help remove excessive reaction to the triggers.
But transformation ministry goes after the root of the problem. This is discovered by going after the following:
- What created the open door for the spiritual force of fear to dominate your thinking?
- What beliefs are you operating from that influence the anxiety?
- What is God’s word for your life regarding the anxiety?
- What are the practical steps that needed to produce change?
- What key relationships are affected by the anxiety?
Transformation ministry is about empowering individuals to become “whole” body, soul and spirit.
We empower people to:
- “get real” about the un-truths that drive their lives
- “get free” of the mental, emotional and spiritual blocks preventing them from discovering and/ or living out their purpose.
Transformation, even though a supernatural occurence, does not just happen by the power of God without our consent or cooperation. We recognize that each individual must assume responsibility for their own destiny and be willing to make changes to fulfill their destiny.
We know this process very well ourselves, and are not asking people to do something we have not used in our own personal lives. We emphasize using what has worked for our own lasting change.
We go beyond just helping people manage their pain or cope with life’s challenges...
- we walk people through deep, lasting change
- equip them to experience paradigm shifts in their perceptions
- press for transformation that not only changes the course of their lives, but affects generations
- propels them into their destiny.
Simply put, Get Real Ministries helps those seeking authentic change to...
Get Real. Encounter God. Be Transformed. Collide with Destiny. Thrive in Community.
If you'd like to read more, the process goes like this...
It starts with getting real. We cannot make progress until we recognize not only problems but how they are rooted in our lives. That means most people are operating from false beliefs, lies that go back to the original lie that separate us from God’s provision and the ability for fulfill our purpose.
Once we begin to realize our need we then learn to encounter God by hearing his voice. Hearing his voice is the key to victory and breakthrough. God’s word is the substance that we need to empower us to find freedom. Transformation occurs when by the power of the Holy Spirit we receive a word that provides freedom. Freedom comes as we embrace our position in the Kingdom of God as sons not slaves. Sons are free to choose slaves have no rights.
Ultimately we collide with destiny when purpose is discovered and pursued. Purpose is the portion of God’s character that we represent on earth as His child- Our divine destiny. Purpose for a son is important because when fulfilled it brings our Father the greatest honor-the prize of the High calling of God. Once discovered, purpose brings a passion and fulfillment to life that can be compared to nothing else.Thriving in community comes when we utilize purpose to serve others. Ultimately everything given by God to us must be given away to others. The true measure of success is not weighed by the wealth and fame we gained during our lifetime, but how we showed up in the lives of those closest to us—what their versions of history say about us. Because, at the end of our lives, all that matters to God is that we loved, not what we accomplished.